Who is live-in care for?
Live-in care might suit you if you need help with:
- personal care, such as washing and dressing
- taking medication when other aids aren’t effective
- support to manage the risk of falls and other risks at home
- caring for a pet
- trips out, such as to the doctor or hairdresser
- continuing to enjoy lifelong hobbies.
This option is also attractive to people who may become confused by a new environment and find it difficult to adapt to change. This particularly applies to people living with dementia, where continuity, routine and familiar surroundings are very reassuring, important and improve quality of life. Live-in care also provides the supervision that someone living with dementia might need to keep them safe.
You may decide, too, that you only need a live-in carer for a short time, perhaps if you’re recovering from an illness or an operation.
If you’re still unsure whether live-in care would you suit you, contact us.